Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Up Close and Personal with Sarah!

Hello everyone!! Have you seen the kits this month??? They are GORGEOUS! I just can't pick a favorite line, but I have to say the Girl's Paperie line in the Double Shot kit was perfect for photos of my little girls. I don't usually scrap with red, I am more a pink kinda girl, but red looks so good with these papers! Does Tammy know how to pick them or what? Just another thing I love about the kits- they get me to try something new. I would have definitely picked pink cardstock, but Tammy knows best and the red is a much better choice!

This is one layout that I created with the Girl's Paperie in the Double Shot kit. If you have a bunch of punches sitting around waiting to be used this layout is for you! I used the following punches on this layout- circle punch (two sizes), scalloped circle punch, heart punch (two sizes), photo corner punch and butterfly punch. So thats a total of 7 punches on one page!

I punched a bunch of the circles and then tried to randomly place them around the page. The photo is of me and my sweet Frances on Mother's Day. She may look like her Dad, but inside she is all me! She is also my little shawdow and best friend at the moment. This inspired my title because we are two of kind.


Here's some of my punched shapes. I punched the butterflies from the packaging the brads in the kit were attached to. I couldn't let that pretty packaging go to waste!


Look at these awesome flowers! They fit my circle design perfectly :)
And that stitched circle? I used my favorite faux stitching technique. I used one of my punched circles as a template, traced around it with a pencil and then pierced holes around the pencil lines. Then I erased the pencil lines and connected them with my white signo pen. Look's like real stitching, doesn't it?


The yellow letters are from my stash and I love how they stand out on the red cardstock. The little red stickers are from the embellishment kit and I LOVE them. They are the perfect size to finish my titles. The paper I punched the heart from is my favorite from the kit. I am a sucker for plaid prints and I used every last inch of that sheet!


I hope you liked this peek at my layout! I can't wait to see what you create with the kit!

3 comments:

  1. I love it. It's so girly and whimsical. I probably would have used pink too as it's my fav color, but the red looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah that is such a great LO! I love your faux stitching ... and I still can't believe it's not real stitching. Love how you used an old school tool like punches for such a fresh LO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this layout! The picture is so precious too!

    I also thought your stitching was real. You are one fab faux stitcher!

    ReplyDelete