Saturday, July 2, 2011

Up Close and Personal with Jenny!

Wow....just when I think Tammy has outdone herself with the monthly kits, she puts together an even better one!!! The July kit has been my favorite so far this year. :) So many new, hot collections....and we are lucky enough to get a little sampling of each one!

When I saw the We R Memory Keepers "Travel Light" part of the kit, I immediately knew what photo I wanted to use. In 2009, my sister's family and my family went on a trip to Disney World in Orlando. My hubby snapped a shot of us all waiting in the terminal for our super early morning flight the day we left for vacation. However, I've never scrapped the photo because I couldn't ever find the right papers/colors to match the colors in my photo. That was....until I saw the WRMK collection! It was perfect!


And the travel theme of the collection? Perfect again! I gotta say, my favorite embellishment in this part of the kit was the adorable little luggage tag:


I layered a couple of the other stickers included in the kit on top of the luggage tag to make a cluster of embellies on the corner of my photo:


I also loved the cute little photo corners! They have a metallic sheen to them and are super cool!


The cute little postcard included in the kit was just the right size for my journaling. I used half of it for my journaling block:


What a FUN collection for a travel page! It feels great to finally get this photo scrapped and this page done since it will be the first page in my Disney vacation album. I've had a blank spot in that album for 2 years now, so I finally get to fill it in with this page. :)

I hope you all are enjoying your summer!

4 comments:

  1. Great LO and great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the layout, Jenny! I'm really liking the photo too. We are taking the kids on a plane for the first time in August to go to Disney, too. Thanks for reminding me to take a photo in the airport. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you put together the embellishment cluster. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely fabulous! I just adore your layout! I recently bought a lot of items from the Travel Light collection, so your page came up as possible inspiration. I am in love with the letters you used for your title. What are they? I must have some! (yes, scrapping is an addiction... ;) )

    ReplyDelete