Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Up Close and Personal with Melanie!!

Well we have another fabulous kit this month! Yippee!

Before I start creating my layouts....I look at all of the contents of the kit and start thinking about which photos I want to scrap. I rarely have the photos chosen ahead of time....I like to think it is because the kit will "speak" to me which photos to use...he he he :)

When I saw the red polka dot sheet by Lily Bee I knew I wanted to scrap the photos of my little guy in his Elmo shirt. I also loved the Fancy Pants: a little birdie journaling card and the 100% cute word strip and wanted to include them too! I'm a kit mixer so this was a perfect start to my mixing...I know I hear gasps from some of you. I was able to use all 4 kits on my layout and the stamp :)

My mixture:
Lily Bee: Pattern Paper and Alphabets (love those tiny letters!!!!)
Pink Paislee: Pattern paper (I heart the number sheet!!!), journal card (upper corner of layout), and red border piece
Fancy Pants: Journaling card, 100% cute pattern paper strip (left over piece from another layout), chipboard, die-cuts
We R Memory: Stop sign sticker...Okay I did use a bit less of this kit, but that is because I needed it for my recipe card....which is always a challenge for me since I can't mix...eek :)
Stamp: How are cute are the button stamps!!!! I stamped one of the buttons onto the polka dots (perfect fit!) and then tied a bit of ribbon on a few of them

Well that's a little bit about how I create my mixed layouts. Maybe I will see a few of you mix your kits too :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness . . . I couldn't read a thing because I was too busy looking at that cute little boy. Precious! And I just love how his little Elmo shirt matches that red/white polka dotted paper perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how you mix things up! And your little boy really is adorable!

    ReplyDelete