Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Up Close and Personal with Aphra!

Hi there ScrapRoomies! Hope you're enjoying our Up Close & Personal series this month. I am loving the detail shots of the layouts featured so far. Sooo many great ideas!

Today, I'd like to share with you my Laugh layout featuring a mixture of lines from this month's Flavors of the Month kit. I chose my patterned papers based on a color scheme: red, blue, yellow, and black. I was inspired by the colors of my son's shirt, eyes, lips and hair.


Creating my title was a snap thanks to the Pink Paislee chipboard. All I did was punch a hole in the corners of each banner, string them onto some baker's twine, and stick them down.

I didn't really have any other embellishments that worked for this layout, so I made my own with a couple of Martha Stewart butterfly punches. A button in the center and all done!

My layout still didn't feel finished, so I decided to add more chipboard beneath the pictures. However, the chipboard label seemed so small down there by itself. To give it a little more impact, I created a banner from a piece of 2" x 12" scrap paper. I notched the ends, accordian folded both sides, and used foam dots to give it some height. Then, I layered on my chipboard label, sun die cut, punched circle, and chipboard circle. That seemed finished to me.


In the end I was happy with my layout created of bits and bobs from all the kits. I hope you'll try mixing lines and creating your own embellishments, so you can get the most out of your ScrapRoom kits.

Toodles!


2 comments: