Friday, August 5, 2011

Up Close and Personal with Melanie!!

I really really really LOVED this month's kit! I used up almost my entire kit and am down to mostly scraps...yay! My favorite layout this month was " Yum Smores" with the American Crafts: Campy Trails line. I love Daddy and Son photos...they make my heart so warm and full!

American Crafts: Campy Trails


For my title, I layered my alphabet stickers to add a bit more dimension. I liked the bold patterns for this line so I cut around the circles to "show" them more. For you gals that don't like bold patterns, don't worry, the other side of the paper is very neutral. I also used my sewing machine on this layout...I love to sew too.


I loved the felt Details...to cute! I layered my cabin with some pattern paper cut outs to make a little cluster of fun.




To top my layout off, I used Jenny's banner tutorial from last month. I loved the wooden buttons...perfect for the ends of my banner.


Okay, I think I used the word love way to many times in this post. But I seriously did LOVE this entire kit!

I'll be sharing more of my Simple Stories mini later this month!

3 comments:

  1. You were right to use the word "love" that many times... great use of that kit. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure were right to use "Love" so much - I love your LO and love all the little details to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you layered the title and embellishments, a star layout Melanie!

    ReplyDelete