Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Design Team Inspiration with Sarah!!

Hi everyone! I am here today to share how to make cards in minutes. Yep, I said minutes! I created two beautiful cards from the August Double Shot Kit and they took me less than 15 minutes combined!

Here are my two cards that only took minutes:









Now let me tell you the tricks...


First of all I always try to make my cards when I have all my supplies out. I am a messy scrapper and I usually have scraps all over the place. I just take those scraps do a little trim here and a little trim there, adhere them to a cardstock base, add a sentiment and a card is done. See the papers, flowers cut from the BG paper, flower ribbon and scallopped chipboard? All scraps I had leftover from this layout. I even used the same letter stickers since I had them out.





Some more tricks I have found to make card making easier...


1. If I have a good size of cardstock left over I will immediately trim it to a card size, fold it into a card base and then put it into a plastic bag to save for later. I use these three sizes- 5 x 10 (5x5 card), 4x8 (4x4 card) and 5.5 x 8.5 (5.5 x 4.25 card). When I have scraps left over from a project I just look in the bag for a coordinating base.

2. I keep all my card sentiment rubons, diecuts, etc in a small plastic bin. I even pop out the sentiment ones from diecut sheets and cut around ones on sticker sheets to keep in the bin if I am sure I won't use them on a layout. That way I have the perfect sentiments all in one place to add to my cards.

3. Sometimes I will leave the sentiment off if I am not sure what I will use the card for. When I need a card I just hop on over to my sentiment bin, pick an appropriate one, adhere it to a card and am out the door. With two little kiddies this happens more than I want to admit! I am always looking for a card 5 minutes before we have to leave!

4. I usually try to keep my cards simple to speed things up. Small embellishments like ribbon and buttons and some faux stitching go a long way to make a card look more fancy than it is.

I hope you enjoyed these tips and always have a card for any occasion!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous tip about keeping a sentiment bin Sarah! Your cards are so beautiful...it takes me twice as long on a card than a layout for some reason...i always struggle with design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah those cards are really cute (and I've already said how much I love your LO). I love all your tips - I really need to get better at making cards from my LO scraps. I love your idea about folding the bases straight away

    ReplyDelete