Friday, August 12, 2011

August Freaky Fast Page #1 and a WINNER!!

Good morning ladies!!! It's that time again...FREAKY FAST FRIDAY!!! Consider the following questions...

Are you in a rut?
Not feeling very creative or inspired these days?
Are you overwhelmed when you sit down to scrapbook?


If you answered yes to ANY of the questions, this just might be the answer to your problems...FREAKY FAST PAGES by me FRANCES!!

This concept actually came to me by necessity. As you may already know, I have 4 kiddos, and you can just imagine how many pics I have to scrapbook! And when Tammy asked me to join her team full time, I set a goal for myself to scrapbook every kit I get every month!! Why not, right? Well, life has a tendency to get in the way, and I sometimes found myself struggling to get my kits scrapbooked. So, at a time in need, I developed a formula to get my pics and kits scrapbooked...FREAKY FAST PAGES!!

This is actually the 2nd installment of Freaky Fast Pages. And if you are interested in July's formula, take a look HERE.

Let's get started...

I will be coming to you LIVE here on the TSR blog every week for the rest of the month, showing you how to create 3 different layouts using my formula! Let's begin with the formula...

1. Cardstock Background
2. 5 1/2 X 9 1/2 patterned paper
3. 2 1/2 X 10 patterned paper
4. 1 1/2 X 11 patterned paper
5. 1-2 1/2 inch diameter circle patterned paper
6. 1-5 inch diameter circle patterned paper

And here is the steps to completing LAYOUT #1 using the August formula...

1. Collect a few pics.
2. Cut your patterned paper to the dimensions stated above.
3. Push the paper around your cardstock till you achieve the look you want, or simply copy my layout below!
4. Adhere and EMBELLISH! It is that easy!!

Here is a look at my first FREAKY FAST PAGE...

Nothing but Handsome


This layout was created using My Mind's Eye Hattie from the August Kit and the placement of the paper came together so easy!! It is took me about 10 minutes to decide where I was going to place my patterned paper, crop and mat my photos, and stick it all down...NO KIDDING!!! And since I created this layout so quickly, I went ahead and went a little more detailed on the embellishing. I cut the flowers from the MME's Hattie Happy Bouquet paper from the August Patterned Paper Add-On. But all together, paper placing and embellishing, I completed this layout in 45 minutes...45 MINUTES!!!! That is quick!!!

I hope you enjoyed this week's installment of FREAKY FAST PAGES!!! Make sure and stop by Friday of next week for a new layout using the same formula. And let me just say that the layout you will see next week, will be completed in just about half of the time it took to complete this layout!!!! Yep, approximately 25 minutes...NO KIDDING!!

Last month I asked you to tell me what you thought about my new feature, and you sure did!!! Thanks for all of your great comments. And thanks for sharing some of your layouts, too!! The winner of last month's giveaway is...

BIG Congrats Julie, and I LOVE your layout!!! Please email Tammy at admin@scrap-room.com with your entire name, address, and the name of the contest you won. She will in turn, mail your prize to you.

Thanks for visiting, and don't forget to stop by next Friday for another layout using the same formula! And I'm feeling another GIVEWAY coming on...just sayin'! ;)

5 comments:

  1. Yay, so happy that you're continuing this Frances! Love the new forumla and what a great LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a double freaky fast page?
    Here's mine-
    http://www.scrap-room.com/srforum/uploads/1312841077/med_gallery_9228_225_370432.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frances, I love this concept and your new formula is great! I had to copy your layout right away, right down to using the wooden buttons in the circles! :) The only thing is I used papers from my stash for this one. Here it is! http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/211722-kim-t/1757268-first-grade-faves/?c=t
    Now I'm going to try another one using the August Hattie papers for my older son's school portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is mine:'

    http://www.scrap-room.com/srforum/uploads/1312841077/gallery_9129_202_50857.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's mine!

    http://www.scrap-room.com/srforum/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=43120

    Thanks once again Frances!

    Julie :)

    ReplyDelete