Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mini Album Tutorial with Melanie!!

When I saw the Simple Stories Journaling Elements in this month's pattern paper add on, I knew they would make a great 4x6 mini album. I wanted to make a mini album for my boys with photos from our recent family reunion. Since they are only 4 and 2 years old...I needed it to be a bit more sturdy so it would last more than 15 minutes :). I kept my embellishments to a minimum since I wanted it to be "flat" so I could laminate with my Xyron.

Step 1: Gather all supplies: Simple Stories Journaling Elements (if you didn't get the add-on, just cut six 4"x6" rectangles out of pattern paper or card stock for your "base") , photos (mine are mostly 2.5" x 3.25" or 3"x4.5" in size), left over Simple Stories pattern paper and stickers.



Step 2: Begin adhering photos to the Simple Stories Journaling Elements. I kept the embellishments to a minimum: stickers, stamps, and doodling. Since I wanted a few places to journal, I cut out 2 of the journal pieces from one of the pattern papers. I liked how they were a bit smaller than the 4x6 size, I think it made the mini more fun!


Step 3: Get your Xyron ready for some laminating fun :)


Step 4: Trim and punch hole for ring or use your Bind-it-all or Cinch if you are a lucky gal! I added ribbon around my ring...because I LOVE ribbon. Whoo hoo you are all done. Now just look through your mini and enjoy!




Sample pages: I had more pictures I wanted to include so I placed some behind the smaller journaling pages.




Thanks so much for looking! If you make a mini album, upload it to our gallery for all to see!
Have fun scrapping!!!

4 comments:

  1. IN LOVE!!!! this is FANTASTIC!! Tahnks Melanie for this terrific idea for a mini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love minis, Melanie, and yours is fantastic. I'm just about finished with a mini recipe album. It was one of the scraproom steals a few weeks ago with the acrylic stand. You continue to inspire us...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A terrific idea! Easy, simple and lovely! Thanks, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this Melanie ... and I bet your boys do too

    ReplyDelete