Monday, July 2, 2018

July "JumpStart" Sketch Challenge ~ Designer Grace Tolman

Happy Monday everyone!
Welcome to the reveal of our
July JumpStart Sketch Challenge
and the introduction of our new team member,
Designer Grace Tolman
Your challenge is to create a layout inspired by the sketch.
You can flip it, turn it, etc, as long as we can tell your layout was inspired by the sketch.

THE RULES:
Your layout must be NEW as of July 2, 2018
NO DIGITAL LAYOUTS
You must be a FOLLOWER of our blog
You must link your entry below with Mr Linky by
July 31st, 11:59 PM (PST)
You must include a LINK back to this challenge post when posting your layout on your blog or gallery.

TSR Kit Club subscribers AND non-subscribers
are encouraged to play along with us and although we would love for you to us a TSR Kit,
it is not a requirement to participate in the challenge.
Here is the prize you are playing for:

Now it's time to meet
Designer Grace Tolman

"My life in a nutshell: I'm a busy mom of a 14 year old boy , a 12 year old girl and a 3 year old little guy. Therefore my life is usually filled with learning, new discovery, bribery and sometimes "time outs". I have a loving and very supportive husband of 16 years. When the kids have gone to bed at night, my time is spent crafting while catching up on my favorite shows and movies. I am a big bookworm but prefer to read romantic novels. I love that they always have happy endings. I want to call myself a gardener but I kill more plants than keep them alive. But I still perserver because you never know, I might meet a plant that is resistant to my methods and would actually stay alive. I am also a student and will be graduating with a degree in Marriage and Family Science in July. I am looking forward to this chapter of my life to end. I have a ton of scrapbook projects that I've put off in the last 5 years and I can't wait to finally have the time to work on them.
Although I’ve been doing some type of scrapbooking since grade school, I only started to scrapbook seriously after my first child was born. When he was born I knew I will be staying at home with him but coming from a fast paced sales job I was afraid I would ran out of things to do during the day. Little did I know that with a newborn you won’t have anytime to do anything else. Anyways after going through a basic scrapbooking class I was hooked and haven’t stopped scrapping since. My style has evolved through the years but there's one thing that never changes- my quest to tell the story. That's always the first thing I think of when I want to make a scrapbook page and/or project. And lately I've been inspired by pattern paper and fun, bright colors.

Grace Tolman Photography LLC

Below is the amazing layout Grace created inspired the this month's sketch
using the
Carta Bella "Summer Splash"Page Kit
one of four page kits included in this month's
Flavors of the Month Kit
"Pool Therapy"
Grace:
"I created this page with this month’s sketch as my inspiration. I love how the papers all blend together. I tried to use the papers with bold designs (flamingo and flip flops) behind the photos so it didn’t over power the important aspects of my page. I also matted my photos to make sure it stands out against the pattern paper background."
Items used from personal stash:
Large circle cutter; Edge distressor tool; Black pen for journaling; Date Stamp; Black Ink pad
Below are a few close ups of Grace's layout:


Check out here video here:
We would like to also thank
Designer Ashley Smith 
who has decided not to continue with the team,
for the amazing creativity she has shared with us, as well as all of the
support and dedication to The ScrapRoom.
We wish her the best in her future endeavors and hope that you continue to follow 
this awesome designer!

Have a great day and return at 3:00 PM this afternoon for the reveal of our
June Winners!

2 comments:

  1. This is my rendition of your wonderful sketch, though I must say the photo doesn't do it justice. :(

    ReplyDelete