Monday, April 9, 2012

DT Inspiration: Layered Flowers

Hello my scrappy friends!  Today I want to share my quick, easy method for creating the layered flowers on this card for the April gallery.

Wonderful Card


Each flower consists of a 2", 1.5", and 1" circle that has been distressed and then stacked.  I used a dimensional glue dot to layer them together.  It helps add a little more, well, dimension.  Here's an overhead view.


For the leaves, I just cut them out free form and then trimmed until I liked the shape.  The edges are chalked for some definition.  And then for the finishing touch, a button with a twine bow tied onto the back side.  Another glue dot and you're finished.  

Easy, right?  Here are some more variations on this same idea.


Here, instead of using my circle cutter, I cut the circles free form.  The curvier, the better.  These are chalked instead of distressed.  Oh, and only two layers.  More buttons and bows.


This one is the same basic idea.  I cut four flowers on my Cricut, each one a quarter-inch smaller in size.  Instead of a button, though, I used a cabochon.


For this one, I used three different sized scalloped circle punches, a fabric flower, a brad, twine bow, and an itty bitty tag for the sentiment.  To give the flower a lot of texture, I crumpled each circle before layering them together.


Ok, last one, promise.  Anyhoo, for this one, I cut a 1" x 12" piece of paper, pleated it (by scrunching it), and then adhered it to the back of two jute circles.  In addition to the button and leaves, I added a couple of stick pins with a tag.

As you can see, you can create many different flowers by just varying the size and style of your circles, centers, and embellishments.  Hope you'll give this a try!






4 comments: