Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DT Inspiration: Wall Hanging

Hey everybody! I guess I'm on an altered home decor kick, because I have another project to share with you today. :)

Last weekend, I decided to repaint my hallway. After I repainted it, I decided I needed to "spruce" it up a notch with some new decorations. So, I bought some 4"x4" square wooden plaques (from Hobby Lobby - only 2 for $1!) and got to work:

1. First, I painted the edges of my wooden squares with a foam brush and black paint.
2. Next, I cut coordinating squares of leftover scrapbook papers down to fit on top of the squares. I Mod Podged those to the wood, and after they dried, I added another layer of Mod Podge over the top to "seal" the paper to the wood.
3. I then added chipboard letters to the top of the squares (I hot glued them on to make sure they stayed put).
4. Last, I stapled some 3" wide ribbon to the backs of the squares, cut a "V" on the bottom of the ribbon strip to make it look like a banner, and added a ring at the top to hang it with. Voila! DONE!


Sooo easy, sooo inexpensive! I've got a friend who really loved it and has commissioned me to make her one that says "Love." I will also be making some of these wall banners up to sell at a local craft show in a couple of weeks. :)

I've said it before, but I really love using up scrapbook supplies to freshen my home a bit. It's kinda like killing 2 birds with 1 stone...you use up supplies, AND you get a fun new project in the process. Win-win.

I hope you are inspired to make some projects for your own home, and we'd love for you to link your projects here on our blog! :)

2 comments: