Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Distressing Paint

Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint is my latest obsession! There…I said it and I feel much better now! ☺



Applying crackle paint is one of those techniques that once you try it, you crave for more! Suddenly, you want to crackle paint the world! The best part about this technique is that it is so easy to apply. It is a simple, one step process that gives your projects an immediate aged feel. It has a built-in brush, which makes for no brush clean up at all. ☺ The paint dries super fast and literally cracks as it dries. The thicker you apply the paint, the deeper the cracks. I have used this process on chipboard, cardstock and Grungeboard and love it's immediate transformation.

Here is an idea of what it looks like once it is applied…

Chipboard:




Grungeboard:




Cardstock:


This product is under $5 and coordinated with the Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Embossing Powders.   Now, grab yourself a bottle and go play! ☺


Gina

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! I have eyed this product but hadn't attempted to use it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so tempted to buy this but kept waiting. You've officially pushed me over the edge :-)

    Love your samples. Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried these yet, but your work looks great. May have to break down and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, girls! They really are a lot of fun to work with! Grab yourself a bottle and just start playing. I am pretty certain you have a ton of chipboard laying around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool...great uses!!!
    Love your pregnancy picture!

    ReplyDelete