Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Embellishing with Alphas

Now that it is summer, I have had a bit more time to spend on my Project Life spreads, which means that I like to use more embellishments. This month's kit included the Simple Stories Under the Stars papers. However, there weren't really any embellishments to go with these papers, so I grabbed a pack of Thickers (Hardcover Chipboard) from my stash.  Adding the alphas didn't take much time, but it was just enough embellishing to satisfy me.

July Fourth


If you click on the above photo, you can see that I trimmed down two of the cards for journaling blocks and then added them to striped 3x4 cards. To surround the journaling and add a bit of dimension, I used apostrophes from the Thickers sheet. I was excited to finally use some of those.

I added the date to my title card. The small letters are not from the Thickers pack; they are Jillibean Soup Tiny Alphas in brown. The wood veneer stars worked well on this card also. The Thickers filled the open space nicely. Done.


I could have stopped with the title card, but I had plenty of Thickers and stickers. Since the pictures on the left side show how I decorated my mantel for the holiday, I added the word Home surrounded by brackets to the beige card. I felt that the space was adequately filled, so I moved on.


The next card had a spot that looked like it was for journaling or adding a date, but I had already done both of those things on other cards. To fill the space I added the 2 since the card was right next to the picture of my boys. My favorite part, though, was the asterisks that I embellished the flower centers with. I think that's the most I've ever used asterisks from my Thicker packs. Ha ha!


Normally, I would journal on the large 4x6 card on the right page, but I had already done that on two of the 3x4 cards. This was the only 4x6 card that I had left that would work for this page. I was a bit stumped. First, I tried to find an ezra photo that I could cut down and add, but I didn't have any left. I took out the other kits to see if any of the other embellishments would work here. When I found the "smile" sticker, an idea came to me. Another title style card.


So, the next time you are creating your Project Life pages and feeling like you don't have quite enough embellishments, dig in your stash of alphas. That may just do the trick.

Thanks for stopping by today.  See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment