Monday, July 23, 2012

What Comes First: Paper or Pictures???

What comes first for you: the paper OR the picture??? When your kit arrives do already know which pictures you want to scrap this month or do you let the kit inspire you?

Most often I receive my kit, then decide which pictures I am going to scrapbook. Luckily, I have A LOT of pictures that have not been scrapped yet so I have quite a few to choose from.

When I got the July kit, I was instantly drawn to the Crate Paper: Story Teller line. I saw the alphabet paper and tag: Chapter 1: A New Beginning....and the inspiration for my layout began.


I knew these products would be perfect for my son's preschool graduation photo. I used these 2 elements to begin my layout...then chose the extra goodies from this month's kit too ....plus stitching.



How do you scrapbook???? The Paper or Picture first???

Melanie

3 comments:

  1. It's different every time! But a lot of the times its the layout that comes first then I hunt for pictures crazy huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be all matchy matchy... so I look at the paper first, then see what pictures I have. I have a *few* to choose from, too! LOL I love getting a glimpse into other people's ways of doing things. Great question. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Melanie, he is just adorable. For me too it's different all the time. Sometimes when I get a kit I know exactly what photos I want to use. And sometimes I go by a sketch

    ReplyDelete