Friday, July 13, 2012

A Simple Starter for July

I don't know about you, but around here July is a super busy month full of kids' activities, family get togethers, and weekend road trips.  That doesn't leave too much time for scrapping.  Sooo . . . for this month's Page Starter, I decided to keep it simple.  Sound good?

July Page Starter


Here's what you'll need to get started.  First, you need a background piece.  I chose to use a patterned piece rather than cardstock because this month's Page Starter is pretty simple, so having a patterned background won't be too busy. You'll also need two more patterned papers cut to the following dimensions:

                                                     1.  6.75" x 9.75" block
                                                     2.  1" x 9.75" strip

Now you're ready to start adhering the paper to the page.  Here is how I placed mine.
  1. Adhere the 6.75" x 9.75" block 2.75" from the left and 1" from the top of the page. 
  2. Adhere the 1" x 9.75" strip flush with the right edge of the block.
Finally, you will add your photos and embellishments.  This part is completely up to you.  There is no set limit to the number of photos or no set placement for them.  Also, you can use whatever embellishments you like, wherever you want to place them on the layout.  

Here's one way you could finish it off.  For this one, I used Crate Paper Storyteller and one 5" x 7" photo.

My Pre-K Story




I'll be back in a week or so to show you another finished layout.  In the meantime, I'd love to see what you do with the July Page Starter.  Link up your completed layout to the bottom of this post by Tuesday, July 31st for your chance at a $10 Gift Certificate to the TSR Store.  

Happy Scrappin!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful Page Starter and love your example, Aphra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page starter, simple but effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the page starter! Lots of room for different versions - love it, and I love your example too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just posted my layout. I really like this clean and simple page starter. It is great for the school portrait like you used it, Aphra! I will most likely repeat this design when I get around to scrapping this year's portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Posted my layout. Thanks again for a page starter that can be used in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your examples Aphra -- thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesime challenge and I love your layout Aphra!

    ReplyDelete