Monday, August 30, 2010

Week #35 Weekly Challenge!

Since I am such a big fan of sketches, I decided to try my hand at creating a few of my own in photoshop. However, instead of coming up with my own layout idea, I thought it would be fun to work backwards from one of the beautifully designed layouts in our our ScrapRoom Idea Gallery.

THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE: I created the sketch based on Jenny Moore's "Sweet Summertime" layout in the August Idea Gallery. Use the sketch below to jumpstart your creativity and create a layout. Upload your layout (along with your real life name) to the WEEK #35 CHALLENGE FOLDER. All layouts must be uploaded by 9:00 a.m. CST on Monday, September 6th.
UPDATE: I just found out that the sketch I created from Jenny's layout was actually based on a sketch created by Frances Sylvia. Kudos to Frances for creating such a great layout. You can check out her blog and some more of her fantastic design work HERE!

THIS WEEK'S SKETCH:


Jenny's Original Layout in the August Idea Gallery:


THE PRIZE: This week's prize package features an great collection kit from Crate Paper's Little Sprout line, along with the coordinating Little Sprout stamp set. The collection kit includes twelve 12"x12" double-sided, heavy-weight, lightly textured papers (two each of six designs), 72 glitter diecuts, 5 glitter borders, and alphabet stickers. As always, with our Crate Paper prize packages, there is enough product included to create multiple pages or a theme album - or to share with a friend. :)


CHALLENGE RULES:There are only 2 rules if you want to enter a weekly challenge:
1.) Your submission has to be a new layout created for this challenge. :) You're on your honor here, but the idea of a Weekly Challenge is to finish new layouts and not simply upload old layouts. :) (Your actual layouts can be done in any size - 12x12, 8.5x11, 8x8... whichever size you scrapbook in!)
2.) Please only submit one time for each weekly challenge! (You will need to be registered on our message board to upload your layout to the Challenge Folder gallery. Registration just requires that we confirm your e-mail address so we know you're not a spammer. :) (In order to upload layouts to our gallery, you will need to be sure to resize layouts to no larger than 500x500 pixels and 72-75 dpi. If you're file size is much larger than that, you'll get an error message when attempting to upload. :) )

6 comments:

  1. That is a GREAT sketch and layout example and LOVE that Crate line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the sketch! I LOVED that LO too when I saw it! Can't wait to try it out! (Heck, I have those papers, maybe I will just totally copy it! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love your layout and what a cutie in that pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a challenge! Great job with and I love that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspiration!

    I'm going to load my image, but here is my blog link just in case:

    http://kmassman-scrapbooks-cards.blogspot.com/2010/09/saugatuck-dunes-michigan-through-forest.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I signed up to get into the gallery yesterday, but I still haven't been approved! I hope my layout will get entered for the contest!

    ReplyDelete