Monday, August 23, 2010

Week #34 Weekly Challenge!


Tomorrow marks my 40th Birthday! I've been a bit emotional and slightly melancholy the past few weeks thinking about turning 40 tomorrow. I still feel like I'm about 32, but the mirror begs to differ. :) My primary thought has been that turning 40 marks the halfway point to Heaven - best case scenario. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that - but it is what it is - so we'll be celebrating at our house this week.

I gave my family members the "opportunity" to sign up for one day this week to give me a surprise Birthday Treat. ;) My oldest son took me to The Flying Pig last night for shaved ice (my favorite summer treat), and my #4 son signed up for today, and he gave me a stack of (10) "I'll do whatever you want" coupons. As soon as I'm done with this post, I'll start cashing some of those little babies in. I've got a few chores that I need help with, and the coupons expire at midnight! :) We're also going to a movie later tonight - so "Treat Week" just keeps getting better and better. We don't generally do Birthdays this big at our house, but 40 is BIG - so we're celebrating a little more this week.

This weekend, my sister and her family are coming up for my Birthday Party. My family is getting together for Birthday Cake with Buttercream Icing (does it get any better than that) and Make-your-own-Sundaes. I've been writing short letters to everyone, telling them how much they mean to me and how blessed I am to have them in my life. I've been reminded in all of my "turning-40-thoughts" that it is the People who love us unconditionally that make our journey through life meaningful and joyful. So, while I'm not always the person that I want to be, and I haven't accomplished everything I wanted to (and never will), I am blessed beyond measure because of the people that God has brought into my life to share this journey with. I could not ask for anything more...

Okay, obviously that's a long introduction to this week's challenge... it's the turning-40-thing.

THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE: You have a choice this week. You can EITHER create a Birthday-themed layout (if you want to take the easy way out), OR you can create a layout about someone who has been a blessing in your life - someone who has brought meaning and joy to your journey. Upload your layout to the WEEK #34 CHALLENGE FOLDER. All layouts must be uploaded by 9:00 a.m. CST on Monday, August 30th.

THE PRIZE: We've got some more fabulous paper collections from Bobunny to give away this week! You'll get three collections of paper, including Mama-Razzi, Roughin' It, and the brand new CHA-Summer release - Cambridge! That's 33 sheets of gorgeous double-sided paper! Think of the great theme-albums you can create with these great sets! Or, as always, with this many papers, you can always share the wealth with your best scrappin' bud. :)
MAMA-RAZZI (11 sheets):


ROUGHIN' IT! (11 sheets):


CAMBRIDGE (BRAND NEW CHA SUMMER RELEASE!) (11 sheets):


CHALLENGE RULES:There are only 2 rules if you want to enter a weekly challenge:
1.) Your submission has to be a new layout created for this challenge. :) You're on your honor here, but the idea of a Weekly Challenge is to finish new layouts and not simply upload old layouts. :) (Your actual layouts can be done in any size - 12x12, 8.5x11, 8x8... whichever size you scrapbook in!)
2.) Please only submit one time for each weekly challenge! (You will need to be registered on our message board to upload your layout to the Challenge Folder gallery. Registration just requires that we confirm your e-mail address so we know you're not a spammer. :) (In order to upload layouts to our gallery, you will need to be sure to resize layouts to no larger than 500x500 pixels and 72-75 dpi. If you're file size is much larger than that, you'll get an error message when attempting to upload. :) )

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Tammy! Hope you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Tammy !!!
    Have a great festive week !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is our big decade year, huh?? You are beating me to it by a month or so. . . doesn't it just seem like yesterday we were comparing baby bumps and working at CIY?? Love you!! Happy, happy day to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Tammy!!!!

    ReplyDelete