Monday, January 16, 2012

DT Inspiration: Journaling

It's the beginning of a new year, which for me has meant purging and organizing my home. LOVE that! But for some reason I have not been so good about organizing my scrapbook layouts. They are piled up in several stacks in my scraproom just waiting to go into page protectors and albums. I'm determined to whittle away at the pile all this month until it's gone.

However, one thing that has been slowing down the process is that I didn't always include a date on my layouts. (I didn't think it would be months years before my pages got put away.) So I have to go onto the computer and look up the photos to figure out when they were taken. That brings me to another goal -- journal on every layout!

To help me get a lot of journaling on my layouts without taking up so much room, I used my computer to do some journaling. I typed it out in MS Word, cut it into strips, and added it to my layout. I love the turquoise color on this one.



For this one, I used a fun font that looks a little like handwriting. You can find lots of free fonts online. Here are a few of my favorite sites for downloading fonts: ScrapVillage, Kevin & Amanda, Font Space, and ScrapNFonts. And you can go HERE for a tutorial on how to add fonts to MS Word.



Another technique that I plan to try is to print journaling directly onto my die cuts. I just ran across THIS TUTORIAL to do just that. So exicted!!!

Hope you'll join me in adding lots of journaling to your layouts this year!  Aphra

No comments:

Post a Comment