Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Design Team Inspiration with Jenny!!

Happy New Year, everybody! I hope this year finds you happy, healthy, creative, and with lots of scrappy time. :)

Here we are in the first month of the new year, and what an awesome kit Tammy has put together for us to kick start our creativity! January always makes me think of SNOW, so I did several snow pages with my kit this month.

Speaking of snow....I love snowflake embellishments, but sometimes they are hard to find, and sometimes I just don't have enough of them or they are the wrong size, etc. So, I found a solution to my dilemma!

I was browsing through some of my Thickers and alpha sets and noticed that almost every pack contained little asterisk-shaped pieces along with the letters and numbers. They looked like little snowflakes to me, so I used them on my pages!

On this layout, I used some of the little asterisks from a set of brown puffy Thickers. One is in the center of the snowflake embellishment, one is by the bird sticker, and one is down at the bottom of the page. This created that "visual triangle" that we are always hearing about from the scrap experts:




For my 2-pager this month, I used some white chipboard asterisks found in another set of Thickers. They added just a "little something" to my big white chipboard snowflakes:




On this layout, I used just 1 little brown foam asterisk (also from a pack of Thickers) above my title, just to fill in a little space and add some emphasis to my title:




So there you have it...use up all those little extra asterisk shapes in your stash of alphas this month! They are perfect little embellishments to add to your January pages! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment