Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March "Be Our Guest" Sketch Challenge ~ Guest Designer Devra Adler Hunt

Hello everyone!
It's time to reveal our
March "Be Our Guest" Sketch Challenge

Here's the sketch:

Your challenge is to create a layout inspired by the sketch.
You are allowed to flip it, turn it, etc as long as we can tell your layout was inspired by the sketch.

THE RULES:

 Your layout must be NEW as of  March 2, 2016
NO DIGITAL LAYOUTS
• You must be a FOLLOWER of our blog.

• You must link your entry below with Mr. Linky by
March 31st, 11:59 PM (PST)
• You must include a LINK back to this challenge post when posting your layout on your blog or gallery.

TSR Kit Club subscribers and non-subscribers are encouraged to play along with us.

Although we would love it if you used product from one of our kits, it is not required!

The person chosen, will be awarded a Flavors of the Month Kit and required to 
create (4) layouts using the kit, which will be featured here and on The ScrapRoom website in May.
If selected, you must be willing to complete your projects within our deadline and you must
have an updated blog and a facebook account.

With regret…only US and Canadian residents will be selected because of
unpredictable international shipping time frames.
And now that you have the challenge, it's time to meet our
March Guest Designer
Devra Adler Hunt
"I currently live in the Seattle area where I am the COO of my family, who are my husband, our two teenage boys and our awesome dog Snickers. One child is the intellectual type. The other has special needs and keeps. Between the two of them, my husband and myself, I have lots of material to keep me going for a very long time.

I've been scrapbooking for a long time. I found online scrapbooking about 5 years ago. That's when I really took off. I scrapbook for fun, for creative exercise. I scrapbook for stress release. I am not an epic storyteller, but my albums are a view into my family's life. I was in retail in my previous life. I've always loved color, texture and pattern. Scrapbooking allows me to continue to combine all of those things I love.
I do both single and 2 page 12x12 layouts. I'm not sure I can define my style, It's constantly evolving. One thing that is consistent, is that I love using product in unexpected ways to create meaning with fun and humor on my pages. My favorite thing to do on my pages right now is to create layers and clusters with paper and embellishments that come together to tell a cohesive story in the end.

You can find me socially here:"
Facebook
Instagram
My Creative View 
(blog)
Pinterest 
(Gallery)

Check out the beautiful layout Devra created inspired by the sketch using the

Pebbles "Spring Fling" Page Kit
included in the
March Flavors of the Month Kit

"Hello Spring"
Devra shared this with us about her reveal:
"I used the sketch as it was designed, however I used one 4x6 photo supported by the 2 smaller ones. I used the Pebbles kraft patterns, which were great for the theme of my page. To add more color, I fussy cut some hexagons. The Hello title sticker comes from the Embellishment kit. Lastly, I added a couple of extra horizontal banner strips by using the bar code strip from the bottom of the papers."

Inspired by the sketch and/or Devra's beatutiful layout and want a chance to design
a month with our design team?
Why not create a layout and share it with us, we would love to see how this
sketch inspires you.  

The winner of the February "Be Our Guest" Sketch Challenge will be revealed
tomorrow.  Stop by and see who will guest design with us in April!

Thank you for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

12 comments:

  1. Just updated the post with Mr Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sketch. And Devra's take on it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All done
    http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/199877/view/5586987/-1/0/0.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is mine!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/98440697@N05/25165629493/in/dateposted-public/
    Thanks for the great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Devra's layout! What a fun sketch that was to work with! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the sketch so much I made it into a double page layout. I just linked it.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this sketch! Here's my layout for the challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about #18 , load wrong image:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the challenge, and I used my leftovers from this months kit.

    ReplyDelete