Friday, May 17, 2013

Project Life: Weeks 19 - 21

There are so many great papers and embellishments in the Flavors of the Month and Project Life kits that I was inspired to do more than four layouts this month.  So, today, I have three layouts to share.  Bear with me, this is a long post.  

Week 19


For Week 19, I decided to focus on my son's fifth birthday, which had a cowboy theme.  I was able to use the leftovers from my Little Yellow Bicycle Fern and Forest kit along with my Silhouette.  


The wooden circles in the centers of the stars are actually the tops of the Little Yellow Bicycle stick pins.  I used my wire cutters to clip off the metal part and ended up with "buttons."  


Week 20


Week 20 focuses on my little guy playing in his new swimming pool in our driveway.  I chose those photos because I thought they worked with the theme of the Bella Boulevard Love and Sun papers.  After putting it all together, though, I'm not sure if I like the combination.  The blues just don't work together for me.  I think I should have turned the photos black and white.  I'm trying to convince myself to leave it alone.  I mean, really, who has time to redo scrapbook pages once they are IN the album?


For the above filler card, I used my Silhouette to cut out a phrase from a coordinating patterned paper.  And how fitting that the cut already included a little heart for the dot of the i?  The card below includes some stickers from the Simple Stories Vintage Bliss 12x12 Sticker Sheet.


Week 21


For this week's layout, I decided to break down the 12x24 spread into two 12x12 layouts.  Mainly because my photos just didn't work together and because I really wanted to use more of the feminine patterns in the Simple Stories Vintage Bliss kit.  

Week 21:  Left Side


These photos are of my kids doing their last bits of homework at the patio table in the backyard.  My youngest insisted that his froggy friend join them.  It didn't phase my oldest one bit.  Ha ha!  The colors in these pictures worked well with the Fancy Pants Park Bench papers.  This week, instead of using the week number for my title, I used a traditional title and added the week to a filler card.  I like that variation.  



Week 21:  Right Side


For Mother's Day, my sweet husband sent me this beautiful bouquet of flowers.  I love having pictures of the pretty blooms that he sends me on occasion.  I was so excited to get to use such feminine colors and patterns and stickers on this page.  With two boys, that just doesn't happen very often.

Thanks for stopping in to see my layouts.  I hope you find some inspiration for your own pages.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment