Friday, November 23, 2012

Melanie knows what to do if you love both sides...

Each month in our kit, there is always at least one sheet of pattern paper that has two AMAZING sides that I must use. Of course the easiest way to fix this is: order 2 kits :). Since that may not be in your or my budget, I try to cut pieces of the "backside" out to use on my layout or cards.

When creating my sneak peak layout, I loved the Take a Hike pattern paper...leaves on side A and woodgrain on side B. I knew I wanted both sides on my layout. So below is what I did.

Step 1: Admire the paper a bit more :)
2. Decide which side will be your background (woodgrain for me). Place photos on paper. Lightly trace with pencil around photo edges.


2. Trim about 1/2 inch inside of pencil line (remember you need to be able to adhere the photo to the back ground paper)

3. You now have the backside of the pattern paper to use!


4. Finish your layout using both sides of the pattern paper and feel like a smarty pants.


Now go and enjoy both sides of your paper!

- Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment