Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Project Life: Weeks 23 - 24

Hi there!  I'm back today to share the rest of my Project Life pages, along with a few tips and tricks to help make your albums come together a little easier.

Project Life: Week 23


As I mentioned in my last post, I started a Disney album especially for those pictures, especially since I have two years' worth to document.  However, in our regular Project Life album, I wanted to include something from Disney.  Mostly to explain the lack of pictures from June 2012.  And, to avoid repeating a lot of the pictures, I made Week 23 a one-pager.  There is no reason every week has to be two pages.  That little epiphany has made Project Life a whole lot easier.

The papers are mostly from the Project Life Add-On Kit, except for the blue patterned paper for the journaling card.  That is from the Carta Bella Summer Cool Summer kit.  

One last thing.  I only had family pictures from Epcot to include on this layout, but I really wanted to include one of the Castle or some other iconic spot.  However, I took those pictures when we went in 2011, so I went online and found the pictures of Walt and Mickey and the close-up of Mickey online.  I saved them with my regular pictures and had them printed at my local Wal-Mart.  Love that trick!



I bought a pack of bling Mickey heads and button Mickey heads from my local craft store, and I am including them on all my Disney pages.  It's sort of like hidden Mickeys for my family.  Fun!


The week after we got home from Disney, my oldest son went off to church camp for a week.  I had a lot of pictures of camp, and I wanted to include them all.  So I decided to create a one-page and a two-page layout.  You gotta love the flexibility of Project Life!

Project Life: Week 24


For this page, I used Basic Grey's Hipster, which is in the Flavors of the Month and Project Life kits.  My whole goal was to figure out a way to use the cute flags.  I ended up tucking them behind the chipboard star on my title card.



Project Life: RYC (Reformed Youth Camp)


I am so thankful to even have these photos since I didn't send my son to camp with a camera.  The pictures were taken by various campers and counselors and posted on the camp's Facebook page.    


The cards on this double-page spread are all from the Project Life Add-On kit.  This page went together pretty quickly due to the We R Memory Keepers precut cards.  All I added was some journaling and stickers. 


Here's a neat tip.  I had my son do the journaling for these two pages.  Even though it was like pulling teeth to get him to write a few sentences, I think he will appreciate this in a few years.  He wrote about his cabin, fellow campers, and favorite activities.  




I hope you enjoyed this month's Project Life pages and were able to find some inspiration for your own album.  And can you believe that we're halfway done with this year?  Having half the year documented and IN an album is thrilling to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment