Friday, February 15, 2013

Project Life: Weeks 7 & 8

For my 2012 Project Life album, Week 7 corresponds to Valentine's Day.  I chose the American Crafts XO kit since there was a lot of black and red in my photos.  It turned out to work very well.  (Click on photos to enlarge.)

Week 7


Since the paper in this kit is SO cute, I decided to keep my title, journaling, and filler cards simple.  For this one, I used a strip of 2.5" x 6" embossed cardstock.  The word February was cut with my Silhouette from black cardstock, but you could just as easily use some stickers from your stash.  The heart was punched from the back of one of the papers.  I stamped the date on a small scrap of red and then notched the ends.


Another simple insert.  I cut a piece of 2" x 4" paper and layered it with a border punched strip on top of the back side of one of the papers.  Add a couple of the super cute layered stickers and some typed journaling and done.


Ok, this one is my favorite!!!  I had a bunch of my kids' Valentines from their classmates to include.  Originally, I was going to place them all in the pockets but they were all different sizes and orientations.  My fix?  To create a pocket.  I cut a 2" x 4" piece and layered it over a 4" x 6" piece.  I used Red Line tape on the bottom and sides to keep it in place.  Then, I added a couple of embellishments.  The whole pocket along with Valentine cards easily fits into the page protector.  My kids were SUPER excited.


For this next insert, I used the Midway Washi Tape from the Embellishment Add-On to tape down the card that came with my flowers from my husband for Valentine's Day.  So excited that I saved that!  The only other embellishment that I used are the Studio Calico wooden people from several kits ago.  Their size is just perfect for Project Life!


This month's Stamp Set is too cute!!!  And just perfect for my Valentine spread.  I decided to stamp the images in White Staz On ink directly onto my photos.  I was really nervous, but it turned out to be easy.



Here's the last two filler cards.  Nothing but patterned paper and a cute heart sticker.


For Project Life: Week Eight I chose the Pebbles Family Ties line.  The bright colors and floral patterns were just perfect for my outdoor photos.  (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Week Eight


My title block is pretty simple this week.  I added some Thickers from my stash and a circle label sticker that came with the kit.  It just thrills me to get to use up some of my Thickers stash!



For one of my 3x4 slots, I printed out a screen shot of one of my husband's super sweet texts.  Such a great memory and so easy to include.  


The Pebbles Chips are so cute without being too bulky.  I added several of them to the 3x4 filler cards.  For the My Brother Is card, I used the OA mini alphabet stickers to list some characteristics of the boys.  The yellow and white polka dot card was a freebie that I found at Pinterest.  You can find tons of fun downloads for Project Life pinned there.  If you'd like to print one out, you can find it HERE.


For this week's journaling, I created a Week In Review card.  Rather than journal about each specific event, I just summarized the entire week on the 4x6 Pebbles card that came in the kit.  This made the layout even quicker to put together.


I'll be back soon with some more PL posts.  There are tips, tricks, tutorials, and more freebies.  If there's anything you'd like to see in upcoming Project Life posts, leave me a comment.  I'd love to hear from ya!

- Aphra

2 comments:

  1. Tips, tricks, freebies, and tutorials all sound wonderful! :) I love your PL pages.

    ReplyDelete