Monday, April 5, 2010

Week #14 Weekly Challenge!

Welcome to our Week #14 Weekly Challenge! This week's challenge is all about the Patterned Paper! The scrapbooking manufacturers continue to bring us such beautiful and eye-catching patterned papers for our scrapbooks. I'm amazed at their creativity. Sometimes the papers are so pretty that I can hardly bring myself to cut into them. I'm not sure what I'm afraid of - that if I cut into it, then I will no longer have it when I think of the perfect place to use it in my scrapbook. :) This week, I'm challenging you to pull out some of that pretty paper and use it in a unique way.

THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE: Cut AROUND some of the fun patterns in your patterned papers. Upload your layout here --->>> WEEK #14 CHALLENGE FOLDER. All layouts must be uploaded to the Week #13 Challenge Folder by 9:00 a.m. CST on Monday, April 12th, to be eligible for the prize.

Here are a few examples from our Baristas using the April Kits.
Notice how Jenny and Melanie cut around the actual lines in the papers to create fun shaped borders.

By Jenny Moore:


By Melanie Call (Guest Designer):


Brenda cut around a larger image from the paper to create an interesting page accent.
By Brenda Carpenter:


THE PRIZE: This week we've got another fun prize package from the American Crafts Blue Skies line. Nothing helps usher in springtime better than these great spring-themed scrapbooking goodies - complete with (2) sets of coordinating Thickers!


CHALLENGE RULES:There are only 2 rules if you want to enter a weekly challenge:
1.) Your submission has to be a new layout created for this challenge. :) You're on your honor here, but the idea of a Weekly Challenge is to finish new layouts and not simply upload old layouts. :) (Your actual layouts can be done in any size - 12x12, 8.5x11, 8x8... whichever size you scrapbook in!
2.) Please only submit one time for each weekly challenge! (You will need to be registered on our message board to upload your layout to the Challenge Folder gallery. Registration just requires that we confirm your e-mail address so we know you're not a spammer. :)

3 comments:

  1. Great challenge! Mine is in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bummed. I stayed up late to finish my page because I loved this challenge and the super cute prize...I registered with your forum, then it said I couldn't upload my photo and the deadline is tomorrow :( I'll be in school tomorrow...can I still participate in the challenge please?? Here is my link to my LO: http://sweetpiecesbyme.blogspot.com/2010/04/scrap-room-lookout-im-baaaack.html
    Hope it counts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlene, if you're still having problems posting to the gallery for the next challenge, e-mail me at admin@scrap-room.com. The problem today was probably that your new forum registration hadn't yet been approved by a moderator when you tried to post to the gallery. They approve new registrations daily, but it can take a few hours. I'll make sure that you're all set up for the future if you can e-mail me with the username that you registered. :)

    ReplyDelete