Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Guest Designer, Heather: Got Scraps

                                icelolly.jpg
I LOVE going through the new papers and embellishments that come with a new kit.  But after all the layouts and cards have been created there are still usually a few precious scraps, stickers or other embellishments left over.  The papers and accents with August’s kits were so fun and colorful that I just hated to waste anything.

With the latest craze of cut files there are ways to use up practically every bit of your kit.  I recently finally gave in and bought a Silhouette Portrait. I created this fun cut file (inspired by heat waves) to use up the last of my Sunshine October Afternoon kit.  I love how it turned out.

Maybe I’m the only one, but before I started playing around with my Silhouette I wondered how to match the paper scraps to the spaces in the cut files easily.  I watched a you-tube video and had a “Well, Duh!” moment  So I’ll share, even if you already know.

Decide which side of the cut file you’re going to use and which papers are going to be showing.  Then turn everything over.  Trace roughly with a pencil through the spaces onto the back of the papers.  Then cut around each traced piece adding about a quarter inch a margin (this will be your glue area).  I usually use a Martha Stewart glue pen since it’s such a small area - remember to add the glue to the edge on the FRONT of the paper, then set the cut file on top and stick down.

I had some summery stickers and little sun ray paper left over so I added these to my misted cardstock.  I always try to use a little older product on my pages too so I pulled out some older rubons and stickers and made a fun title.  BTW, an ice lolly is a popsicle in America!

AND … you too can try this with your scraps.  Click on the link below the picture to find the cut file to downoad.
 Link to cut file


No comments:

Post a Comment