Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Project Life Inspiration: InstaWeather and PicFrame

Hello Scrappy friends! It's a new year for Project Life, and I, for one, am so excited. This year I have challenged myself to try something new in my album each month. A new technique or product or style or whatever. For January, I decided to incorporate an InstaWeather collage into one of my Snow Day Fun layout. I love the extra detail that the app includes.


I thought I would share with you how I created the pictures and the collage. It was quite simple using two apps on my iPhone. The first one is called InstaWeather. There is a free version and a Pro version. You can create the pictures above with either one. Basically, you snap a picture and upload it into the app, which adds the current weather to your pic. Then, you can save it to your camera roll. You can also upload the photo to Facebook or Instagram.



The next app that I used is PicFrame. It is so super simple and versatile. Again, it has a free version as well as an upgraded one. The main difference is the number of collage templates. 


For a 4" x 6" photo, you have to be sure to set the ratio of the picture to 3:2. 


Then, you select your collage. For my photo, I chose the white one with three horizontal pictures. I was able to insert my three square photos, save, and then print. Super easy.



I hope you are inspired to give these apps a try. If you get stuck, do a quick search for YouTube videos. There are tons of tutorials out there to help you out.

In the meantime, if you have any suggestions or requests for Project Life Inspiration, leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the info Aphra. I have been afraid of using apps but you make it seem easy. I just love the PicFrame app!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, Marcia. I hope you give it a try. It's such a fun app for Project Lifers.

      Delete