Monday, October 20, 2014

Project Life: Title Card Inspiration

Hi scrappy friends. For today's post, I thought I would talk to you a bit about my October title cards. With my scrapping time limited to one or two days a month, I can't spend a ton of time on each layout, which is why I love pocket scrapbooking and my ScrapRoom kits. Since the scrapper in me still likes to layer embellishments, I treat each of my title cards like a mini scrapbook layout. As you may have noticed, I don't label my Project Life layouts by week. Instead, I group my pictures by theme and then label the page accordingly. My four October title cards are good examples of what I mean.


This card is for a page that includes pictures from a variety of Fall activities: baking, new clothes, Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbuck's, home decor, etc. The die cuts that came in the kit were perfect for creating a little scene on my title card. To make the alphabet stickers pop, I layered a 3x4 card on top of a 4x6 piece of paper. Simple, but so cute.


This next card was super easy, thanks to the 12x12 sticker sheet that came in the Flavors of the Month kit. In addition to the date, I added a couple of little monster stickers and a bat sticker to a journal card. I thought this was a good card to go with the pictures of my husband and I dressed up for Halloween. Plus, the rest of the cards were so cute that I didn't really have anywhere else to use the stickers.


Each month, I usually have a layout full of random photos from throughout the month. Photos that don't really have anything in common. For that page, I just use the date for the title. To make the date pop a little, I backed two of the clear acetate Basic Grey tags with some patterned paper. All that color made me happy, too.


For my last page, I just happened to have a variety of pictures from Pink Out Week at school and the Pink Out Soccer game that my son played. This kit was perfect with its giant pink polka dots. I added a plain card on top so you could see the letter stickers. I used three different fonts of Thickers. Not only does it add some interest, but it helps me get rid of some of my stash. LOVE that part!

I hope some of these ideas help you get your rite cards done a little faster, so you can get more pages done!  See you next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment