Thursday, May 5, 2011

Design Team Inspiration with Kim!

Hi there...My name is Kim and let me first say how excited I am to be here scrapping with The ScrapRoom Double Shot Team!!!! Now let me tell you about a project that I would like to share with you. It is not an original idea but I did find it when looking for creative card ideas and I thought it was so perfect for Mother's Day.

Ok, let's start with this shape......
As you can see, I used the Big Shot with what is called the "Top Note" Die. I have also seen this shape made with other die cut machines as well as die cut papers in the 6x6 packages.


Next you want to round off the middle. Look at the right side of the paper....now take you scissors and round of the left side to match.

Once you have rounded the edges, fold over the top half.


Here are some of the other items I used to put this lovely card together.....Smooch spray for that distressed look, chalk ink pad for those edges, and a small piece of ribbon for.....you guessed it......the little purse that you will be adhering to the card. Let me show you the results.

Here is your final result!!!!! Add a few pearls and your title....Viola, a beautiful little purse card for that special Mother in your life. Hope you enjoy and are inspired to try this out. It is super easy and a sweet sentiment on Mother's Day.

4 comments:

  1. This is soooo cute Kim! What a snazzy card for that perfect mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that die and LOVE the idea of turning it into a little purse. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Perfect for Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love that, thanks Kim! I have that die and haven't even opened it yet

    ReplyDelete