Sunday, November 22, 2015

Frugal Paper Tip

The Plaid Paper, you see below, from The ScrapRoom's November 2015 Pattern Paper Kit is included as part of the PhotoPlay Autumn Day line.  It is a beautiful warm plaid on the front and an awesome clean newsprint design on the back.  Seriously, could you ever have enough of a sheet of paper like that?  I cannot.

But, since I only had one sheet, I wanted to maximize the design.  Although the newsprint had me enamored, I wanted to use the "cozy" plaid as much as I could.  On the layout below, I chose to use the Coffee Cardstock as the base and cut the plaid pattern to use on two layouts.  

My cuts are as follows:

The sides were cut 1.5 inches from the edge and the top and bottom were cut 2.75 inches from the edge to cut out the large hole.

The smaller rectangle was cut out from the edges of the smaller piece of patterned paper, as well, to create the mat. I cut one inch from the sides, and .75 of an inch from the top and bottom.  This left me with a frame and a 5x7 inch mat out of that piece.  

The large piece and mat were used on the "Cozy Fall" layout below:


The frame was reserved for my "Fall in Love" layout from the PA Renaissance Faire.


Which sheet(s) are you wanting to maximize the use of?

No comments:

Post a Comment