Friday, February 6, 2015

Welcome Guest Designer, Deborah Doyno!

Let's head into the weekend with some gorgeous layout inspiration from our first Guest Designer of 2015, Deborah Doyno. But first, let's meet Deborah and get to know a little bit about her...


How long have you been scrapbooking and how did you get started?
I’ve been scrapping for about 16 years now. I started scrapbooking after being invited to a Creative Memories home class and buying the whole kit and caboodle!


Describe your scrapbooking style?I like to think that my scrapping style varies based on who or what I am scrapping. With two boys and one girl, my layouts can vary from clean and simple for the boys to artsy and very embellished for my daughter. Describe your scrapbooking process?My main goal when planning my pages is to capture the memories in the photos. Using my education in design, my goal is to create fun and innovative layouts. I really like to use sketches too. Starting with the photos I am using, I usually will find a sketch that I can use as the basis for my layout and then pick paper and embellishments from there.

Favorite manufacturers and why?I love working with Crate Paper, My Mind’s Eye, Simple Stories, Fancy Pants and Echo Park collections.  Even though they all have different styles, I love to have the variety of styles to complement the huge back log of photos I am working with.  I don’t think I will ever be current with my photos or albums! 
Below are three layouts that are among my favorites. These layouts capture the essence of why I scrap... preserving those memories!!!




Deborah has been a TSR member for several years now. We're excited to have her join our Design Team as our Guest Designer for the next three months!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work Deborah! Glad to see you on board as a guest designer.

    ReplyDelete